Friday, September 2, 2011

20 Weeks- Half Way There!

So we are now 20 weeks along and feeling great! I went to the doctor last week and found out that my iron is low so I am going on iron supplements, but other than that I am loving pregnancy! We got to find out what "It" is yesterday, but you will have to wait to find out till we tell our family!

The whole ultrasound experience was amazing! The baby was lying breach while they were trying to do the anatomy scan and then all of a sudden it started moving and kicking like crazy and then flipped over on to it's back....I think partly due to the sugary drink I had before we left. The poor thing was probably on a sugar high!!! Once it flipped over we were then able to see what the bean was! It was definitely an emotional afternoon; being able to see that makes it all the more real. I think the best thing besides finding out the sex was getting to watch Darin as he go to hear and see the heartbeat for the first time. He hasn't been able to come to any of the appointments since the first one so he has only heard the heart beat from my recording on the phone. And it is so much better to hear in person.

Since we found out yesterday I can't help myself but look at all the baby stuff on line...how I want the nursery...clothes...etc. It is so much more fun now that we know! Darin actually stopped in after our ultrasound at Babies R Us to let me buy something for the baby...he is sweet and a keeper too! I have been waiting till we knew what it was to buy any clothes, but have been having fun looking at all the boy clothes and girl clothes and wondering and wishing!

Also! The other night I was at the computer and I swear I finally felt the baby move too! I felt that different sort of feeling like a flutter and thought that it was maybe a gas pain or bubble but it wasn't (for apparent reasons that I don't need to write down)! I then felt more later on as I went to bed that night. I am so excited to start feeling it more and for Darin to hopefully get to feel it on the outside soon too!

Well we will keep you posted on what is to come...

IS IT A BOY OR GIRL?!?!

We will soon let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment