Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Painted Decorative Sticks {Easy Peasy}

My friend and I had been shopping one day on 2nd Street and we went into a boutique and I commented on how cute their vases with black and white bamboo-like sticks were. Then we both said..."That would be so easy to do!"

So, still having the idea in my head off to Hobby Lobby I went (my new FAV craft store). I bought plain wood round dowels in different sizes.

I then wrapped tape around them from bottom to top not measuring at all between pieces of tape. I like it better when it isn't so perfect. 



 Let me tell you though holding that dowel between my knees was a real inner thigh workout...just an FYI if you want to kill two birds with one stone...workout and crafting...heck yes!



Next step...you guessed it! Whip out the can of spray paint and go to town. I chose to stick with a flat black, but ultimately you could do any color. 




Once they are dry peel off your tape and....


Voila!!!





You can then cut them all different heights if you want to stagger them in a vase. I added mine to the branches I already had, but I think I am going to put them into a clear vase so you can really see them.

See...Easy Peasy!








No comments:

Post a Comment