Thursday, January 12, 2012

New Year. New Recipes.

So since being on my maternity I have felt that it is my wifey duty to have good dinners prepared at night for the Hubby. Lets just say he is really liking me being at home!

I always feel that we eat the same things every other week...they just somehow get rotated. Like Chicken Enchiladas and Cajun Chicken Pasta one week and then next is Tacos and...oh...wait...Cajun Chicken Pasta...again! Well, being that I LOVE Pinterest and have a pretty good amount of pins to my "Yummy" board; I thought I would put some of them to use and try them out.

This week we have tried three new recipes from my Pinterest board! Woot! Woot! I'm saying this because I  honestly don't remember the last time I have tried that many new recipes in one week...usually it is just one thrown in with the "rotating" ones. We tend to rate the dinners on a "Make Again" or "Throw Away the Recipe" scale.

So, we tried this week:

Pizza Casserole - This one was good. Hubby LOVED it, but he loves anything that is like a pizza. Plus, he pinned this one for me and has been asking me to make it. It was super super easy, but I didn't find it that great. I think it needed more cheese inside and needed to be "spiced" up a bit. Once you got past the top layer (which is like a pizza) the rest is like spaghetti. But, I will make it again (with some tweaks) because the Hubby liked it so much and it is super easy and would be great for a family with kiddos in the house. This is a "Make Again."

Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Sauce and Bowtie Pasta - I liked this one alot! The crispy chicken was delicious and the pasta was really good with lots of flavor. The Hubby liked it, but he isn't too much for creamy pasta sauces. The sauce is rich in flavor, so only a little is needed on the pasta, but it has good flavor. It is definitely a "Make Again."

Queso Chicken Pasta - This one was ok. Yup. Just ok. Nothing like I was hoping for. Something was missing in the recipe and I couldn't put my finger on it. It has decent flavor, but not my favorite by any means. I would put this in the "Throw Away the Recipe" category, even though the Hubby said it was good and was a "Make Again." I'm not saying it was terrible, but not my favorite. And if I am going to stand by the stove for 30 minutes and then bake it for 30 minutes...I want to really like it. But, if you decide to try it and love it...let me know if you did anything different than what the recipe says...I like the concept of it, but like I said it needs something that I couldn't figure out.

There you have it...our week of new recipes. Wow...think we got enough in the department of starches?! But, for the most part they were a success...yippee!

Now to get shopping for next weeks recipes:

Cheesy Garlic Bread Sticks (appetizer for Sunday)
Crock Pot BBQ Beer Chicken Sandwiches
Beef and Broccoli
Homemade Mac n' Cheese

Yumm...Yumm...My mouth is already watering!

*This is of course if Little Miss H doesn't make her arrival before then. If she does, then we will be eating out and I will be becoming the Dairy Maid Cow...haha...yet I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment