Friday, August 5, 2011

A Preggo Investment Worth EVERY Penny

So last week I had decided to get a prenatal massage. I had been having some right lower back pain shooting into my bottom (lovely sciatic nerve)...so what better way to relax?!

My Sis-In-Law gave me a name of a place, WellSprings, in Seal Beach and I made an appointment. The price didn't seem that bad compared to other places ($80), but if you have any other places you would suggest let me know! I am hooked now!

 I had no idea what to expect going in, but I am so glad I had one. When I got in the room I was told to lie down and snuggle up to the super soft body pillow with one leg on top. She began massaging my leg and it totally felt like I was getting a massage in my own bed! It is so much more comfortable than sticking your face in that little hole they tell you to on regular massages and feeling your cheeks get squished and then drooling onto the floor. Don't get me wrong, I love those too (squished cheeks and all), but the snuggling with a body pillow was just so much more comfortable. She then proceeded through the whole shebang massaging my legs, hips, back, arms, feet, shoulders, neck and head...it was AHH-Mazing!!! And I mean AHH-MAZING!!

I loved it so much that I already scheduled another appointment for an early birthday present for myself! I even thought as I left...I wonder if you could just tell them you are pregnant in the future and still get a prenatal massage. You obviously wouldn't be able to keep going to the same place...if your belly isn't growing that would be a dead giveaway that something is up! But hey, it may be worth a try in my future!

The bad part was I was so relaxed after that I wasn't motivated to do anything that day. I was completely embracing the whole spa mood...oh well its nice to have those days every now and then (the laundry and dishes will still be there...unfortunately). I realized after that I needed to invest in a body pillow as well and maybe get my hubby to be my masseuse! Haha...somehow he always expect a massage in return though...I guess I will just stick to paying for one!




No comments:

Post a Comment