Saturday, February 9, 2013

CAMP HOLLYN - Hollyn turns ONE!

First off, I CAN NOT believe my baby is already one! Where did this year go? I feel like I just popped her out yesterday. This year has been the best...full of learning experiences and love I never could have imagined and each day gets better and more fun!

When I had to start thinking of a birthday theme I kept trying to think of something that kind of signifies us and Hollyn. That is when I came up with Camp Hollyn. We often go "camping" (I put it in quotes because our camping consists of a 5th wheel trailer with nicer cabinets in it than my own home). But we do camp and we often have bonfires in our backyard and Hollyn LOVES anything that has to do with the outdoors. So, I thought it was a great fit. However, I didn't want it to be too rustic and full of plaid so I wanted to play up on the girly side using bright colors like pink, lime green, teal and yellow...all colors that I feel portray Hollyn and her personality too!

My Hubby made an A-frame tent, we collected pine cones on our walks, we had S'mores bars, S'mores on a stick and made fun signs for around the yard. We also did a fun little craft...I painted a tree on a canvas without leaves and put a quote at the bottom saying "Friendship is a sheltering tree" then everyone who was there had to put their finger print on the branches and sign their name. I thought that it would be something nice to remember her 1st birthday by and I plan on hanging it in her room.

All in all it was a success and lots of fun! Here a some pictures from the festivities!





The Dessert Table full of S'more bars, Mallows on a Stick, cupcakes, cookies and Hollyn's smash cake

Hollyn's smash cake with a fabric banner I made for it





The kids all liked the tent

The Birthday Girl all excited!!! I just LOVE her!!!


Sign pointing to her sandbox which was her birthday present.


I think the sandbox was the biggest hit!

 Canvas craft project for Hollyn



Her cousins loved helping her eat the cake!

Surrounded by her presents


The little Fashion Diva! Scarf by Mallory Made @Meowlory

The finished product! Looks so cute and I can't wait to hang it in her room!

No comments:

Post a Comment