Monday, September 5, 2011

The Reveal (Team PINK!)

So this past Thursday we got to find out the sex of the baby and as many of you have seen on Facebook or even read in the title of this post...we are Team PINK!!! We were very excited to find out it was a girl considering I couldn't wait to do some shopping and make her some headbands and Darin is now preparing an electrical fence around the house (so no boys can ever come in...just kidding) but if he could Im sure it crossed his mind! 


So, we found out Thursday but we had to keep it to ourselves until Friday night when the whole family could get together...OMG! I had people texting me and writing me on FB "So???," "Did you find out?" and I couldn't tell them! I was ready to call everyone and let them know, but Darin kept telling me we had to wait. So, I made sure that I didn't talk to many people on the phone that night or the next day thinking that I may slip it out...I was very careful with my words. 


Friday night we had Darin's parents, my parents, and the sis and bro-in-law and their two munchkins over for the reveal. We had talked about different ways of doing the reveal from a scavenger hunt to a pinata full of pink candy, but we figured after waiting this long to find out they would be eager. So, we had three paper bags on our counter...one with a pink bow, one with a blue bow and one with no bow. They were handed out to the Grandmas and Auntie Robin to open. On the count of three they opened them and each one had something PINK inside it. They were very excited and I will never forget my mom's face...it was like a little kid opening a present on Christmas morning! The rest of the night we talked about the nursery, shopping for a girl, etc. 


Oh and speaking of shopping...this little lady is going to be one stylish girl! We went shopping on Saturday and Sunday and hit up a bunch of sales (Pumpkin Patch primarily) and she has some of the cutest stuff already! And of course, I have already been making her some matching headbands for those outfits!!! ;)


So, we have a little PINK bun in the oven and we can't wait to meet her! Here is her most recent pic and an updated bump pic...


She is already a cutie! 

She was giving a Thumbs Up!




No comments:

Post a Comment